OFFICESTATUS RELEASE NOTES
Product change history
Version 6.5.596.0: Released March 23, 2022
- Improvement: Improved responsiveness of user status watch list updates.
- Bug fix: Fixed bug in web interface message editor that prevented recipient selection.
- Bug fix: Windows client user status board print and export features produce incorrect formatting.
- Bug fix: Fixed Windows client preferences window incorrect constraint for notification popup timeout.
VERSION 6.5.590.0: RELEASED AUGUST 22, 2021
- Improvement: Renewed code signing certificate.
- Improvement: Eliminated use of small font sizes in a few areas of the web interface.
- Bug fix: Resolved issues with display of HTML entity codes in resource and user names in Windows Client.
- Bug fix: Resource calendar entries showing current status were not processing click selection properly.
- Bug fix: Resolved error that could occur when drilling down into unassigned resource list entries.
- Bug fix: Other minor fixes and compatibility improvements.
VERSION 6.5.588.0: RELEASED JUNE 1, 2021
- Improvement: Added support for "One-Click Return" to the mobile web interface.
- Improvement: Mobile status board filter configuration is now restored between sessions.
- Bug fix: Fixed bugs relating to the application of default status locks.
- Bug fix: Minor bug fixes.
VERSION 6.5.584.0: RELEASED APRIL 24, 2021
- Bug fix: Minor installer updates and fixes for high resolution displays.
- Bug fix: Fixed error in public view when engaging the "HideHeaders" URL parameter.
- Bug fix: Restriction of status lock features to role members was not being enforced by status board context menus.
- Bug fix: Fixed incorrect client trace log default app configuration for Windows Client.
- Bug fix: Corrected UI issues relating to default status locks and user change permissions.
VERSION 6.5.575.0: RELEASED NOVEMBER 24, 2020
- Bug fix: Fixed thread deadlock regression in Windows Client v6.5.572.0.
VERSION 6.5.572.0: RELEASED NOVEMBER 12, 2020
- Improvement: Added support for TLS 1.1 and 1.2 to relevant components.
- Improvement: Increased granularity of status calendar appointment rendering.
- Improvement: Windows Client no longer depends on MS Enterprise caching block.
- Improvement: Improved OfficeStatus web interface platform compatibility.
- Improvement: OfficeStatus Server installer now bundles optional SQL Server 2017 Express installer.
- Improvement: OfficeStatus Windows Client installer now bundles .NET Framework 4.5.2 web installer.
- Improvement: Backend performance enhancements for user status image loading.
- Improvement: Various improvements to product help file content and output formats.
- Improvement: Client updater tool has improved validation and error handling.
- Improvement: OfficeStatus Server installer now checks prerequisities during updgrades.
- Bug fix: Fixed possible unhandled exception relating to AD user import of photos.
- Bug fix: Minor updates and fixes to reporting and logging subsystems.
- Bug fix: Various fixes and enhancements to product installers.
- IMPORTANT: Minimum supported client OS is now Windows Vista SP2 (or later).
- IMPORTANT: Minimum supported Server OS is now Windows Server 2012 (or later).
VERSION 6.2.555.0: RELEASED FEBRUARY 7, 2020
- Improvement: Web interface now officially supports Microsoft Edge Chromium.
- Improvement: Added installer support for automatic detection of local SQL Server 2017/2019 Express installations.
- Improvement: Web status grid column selection context menu items are now sorted alphabetically.
- Improvement: Improved usability and presentation of web admin location membership tab.
- Improvement: Minor improvements to reporting usability, correctness and performance.
- Improvement: Web admin user account page can now batch update the "require password match" setting.
- Improvement: Various minor performance and product code generation improvements.
- Bug fix: Resolved "Failed to deduce type of service worker component" background service error.
- Bug fix: Fixed issue with "Tomorrow" button in mobile status change page using current date.
- Bug fix: Fixed issue with grouping by some columns in web user status board interface.
- Bug fix: Fixed issue with user status schedule recurrence not triggering status updates.
- Bug fix: Missing web interface checkboxes in Firefox 65+.
- Bug fix: Resolved minor browser compatibility issues.
VERSION 6.2.547.0: RELEASED SEPTEMBER 30, 2019
- Improvement: Auto status return now overrides status locks.
- Improvement: Added Google Fi to default SMS provider gateway lookup (new installations).
- Bug fix: Resolved rare NullReferenceException relating to grid pager size customization logic.
- Bug fix: Accessing public view customization help menu option no longer triggers login prompt.
- Bug fix: Fixed optional tile view footer layout problem in public view.
- Bug fix: Resolved minor browser compatibility issues.
VERSION 6.2.545.0: RELEASED JULY 9, 2019
- Improvement: Improved layout algorithms for tile mode of public view.
- Improvement: Improved access rules related to resource notes and scheduled resource status changes.
- Improvement: Enhanced digital signature applied to all executable components.
- Bug fix: Fixed incorrect empty subject field validation in desktop client resource note editor.
- Bug fix: Resolved issues with OfficeStatus Windows Client in high DPI environments.
VERSION 6.2.537.0: RELEASED MAY 20, 2019
- Improvement: Added official support for Windows Server 2019.
- Improvement: User and resource calendar views can now target a specific user or resource, respectively.
- Improvement: Additional view options for resource and user status calendars.
- Improvement: User status locks are now cleared by the "one-click return" function.
- Improvement: Improved desktop default behavior when traversing an authenticating proxy server.
- Improvement: Added ability to customize public table view column visibility through URL parameters.
- Improvement: Added several new column options to public table view (see previous note).
- Improvement: Added customization help link to the public view Options drop-down menu.
- Improvement: Mobile user view status change buttons now return user to referring page.
- Improvement: Improved page size span (and intervals) for user and resource status grids in web interface.
- Improvement: Admins can now configure statuses to be locked by default during user status changes.
- Bug fix: User and resource calendar schedule target drop-down selector not sorted.
- Bug fix: Failed migration of old stored client passwords could result in startup exception.
- Bug fix: Updated reporting engine for improved performance and to address minor bugs.
- Bug fix: Recurring resource status schedule changes failed to validate against existing recurrences.
- Bug fix: Fixed issue with "due back" calculation during recurring scheduled status processing.
- Bug fix: Fixed potential for numerical status ID values to be shown in calendar sync user interface.
- Bug fix: Windows Client calendar views incorrectly showing (non-functional) search box.
- Bug fix: Quick status changes will now clear any existing auto return configuration.
- Bug fix: Fixed issues with company org tree filtering behavior.
- Bug fix: Minor documentation updates and corrections.
- Bug fix: Resolved minor browser compatibility issues.
Version 6.1.514.0: Released August 14, 2018
- Improvement: The mobile web interface now supports sending text messages to users.
- Improvement: Auto return status feature can now be disabled (for users and/or resources) system-wide.
- Improvement: Improved mobile interface support for "add to home screen" capability on Android.
- Improvement: Mobile web interface has improved return page navigation and action cancellation.
- Improvement: Windows Client report viewer can now search for text contained within reports.
- Improvement: Added admin client layout option to hide user counts in OfficeStatus Windows Client department tabs.
- Improvement: Added user location and status lock information to the mobile user view.
- Improvement: The user and resource detail pages of the mobile web interface now show images.
- Improvement: Increased text size in mobile web help page for improved readability.
- Improvement: Improved logging in the maintenance work schedule manager.
- Improvement: Minor optimizations and fixes to reporting modules and views.
- Bug fix: Resolved issue with some system configuration fields not being saved when empty.
- Bug fix: Windows Client now avoids interacting with TAPI subsystem unless required by user configuration.
- Bug fix: Status change text message alerts were not sent if observer email address was invalid.
- Bug fix: Resolved issue with Exchange sync when appointment subjects were returned as null.
VERSION 6.0.509.0: RELEASED JULY 12, 2018
- Bug fix: Resolved jquery compatibilty issues with Firefox.
- Bug fix: Other minor browser issues and compatibility updates.
VERSION 6.0.505.0: RELEASED JUNE 4, 2018
- Bug fix: OfficeStatus Windows Client department tab counts weren't excluding hidden users.
- Bug fix: Resolved problem with sorting or filtering by Departments column in web interface.
- Bug fix: Resolved possible "user was not found in the account database" password reset error.
- Bug fix: Fixed issue with message window toolbar button availability in Windows client.
- Bug fix: Fixed potential null reference exception in resource status window of OfficeStatus Windows Client.
- Bug fix: Other minor bug fixes, browser compatibility enhancements, and improvements.
VERSION 6.0.499.0: RELEASED APRIL 3, 2018
- Improvement: Added "Assigned To" field to resource status history report.
- Improvement: Added environmental variable interpolation support to username field of OfficeStatus Windows Client login.
- Improvement: Added "DefaultUserName" field support to ClientInstall.ini system (see deployment guide).
- Improvement: User status schedule listings (web and Windows interfaces) now include status comments column.
- Improvement: Added parallelization of work-intensive OfficeStatus background service workers for improved performance.
- Improvement: Image size optimizations across all interfaces for improved performance and bandwidth usage.
- Improvement: Upgrades to reporting subsystems for improved accessibility, performance, and more.
- Bug fix: Fixed issue with OfficeStatus Windows Client user status schedule view status bar resize grip.
- Bug fix: Fixed issue with OfficeStatus Windows Client user status schedule view horizontal scrollbar.
- Bug fix: Fixed issue with text message window control resizing in OfficeStatus Windows Client.
- Bug fix: Clearing filters in the OfficeStatus Windows Client resource view didn't update resource listing.
- Bug fix: Web interface now ensures that SMS provider has been selected for user prior to sending text message.
- Bug fix: Minor bug fixes and browser compatibility enhancements for web interface.
VERSION 6.0.492.0: RELEASED DECEMBER 6, 2017
- Bug fix: Fixed regression in 6.0.491.0 that broke web interface user preference page navigation.
Version 6.0.491.0: Released November 30, 2017
- Feature: Public view URL parameter initialization options have been extended (as per the admin guide).
- Bug fix: OfficeStatus Windows Client preferred minimize behavior not honored during initial startup.
- Bug fix: Resolved error that could occur if OfficeStatus Server's "clientupdates" folder contained unexpected files.
- Bug fix: Public view URL parameter initialization was not working as intended.
- Bug fix: Resolved issue with mobile browser detection when HTTP request UserAgent is empty.
- Bug fix: Resolved incorrect error message that could be produced by quick status change operations.
- Bug fix: When using status board grouping feature in web interface, collapsed groups would reset periodically.
- Bug fix: Change password button in preferences area of web interface wasn't closing pop-up window consistently.
- Bug fix: Resolved issue with ClientInstall.ini file copy operation blocking uninstall when source no longer available.
Version 6.0.483.0: Released August 16, 2017
- Feature: Added "reports to" column option (hidden by default) to mobile web interface.
- Bug fix: Security improvements in OfficeStatus web interface.
- Bug fix: Minor bug fixes and browser compatibility enhancements for web interface.
- Bug fix: Minor bug fixes and security improvements in reporting modules.
- Bug fix: Fixed rare bug in telephony state mechanism that could trigger failed disconnect processing.
- Bug fix: Fixed possible "chaptered columns can not be made visible" error in OfficeStatus Windows Client.
Version 6.0.476.0: Released May 30, 2017
- Feature: Added last modified column option (hidden by default) to mobile web interface.
- Bug fix: Fixed potential crash in OfficeStatus Windows Client when populating certain user status calendar views.
- Bug fix: Fixed problem with OfficeStatus Windows Client login screen getting truncated in higher DPI environments (150% scaling and up).
- Bug fix: Fixed bug with server-side telephony integration not matching certain users by extension.
- Bug fix: Fixed incorrect rounding bug in user time card and "time in status" reports.
- Bug fix: Minor web browser compatibility fixes and improvements in OfficeStatus web interface(s).
- Bug fix: Double-clicking user status cell in Windows Client wasn't correctly initiating status change.
- Bug fix: Restored the ability to commit status changes in the Windows Client status change window via double-click of status entry.
- Bug fix: Miscellaneous minor UI fixes for high DPI environments.
Version 6.0.472.0: Released April 17, 2017
- Feature: Improved efficiency when initiating quick status changes from Windows client.
- Feature: Reduced number of database queries for a variety of operations, improving performance overall.
- Bug fix: OfficeStatus Windows Client would report an error if server-side user idle time client setting value exceeded 99.
- Bug fix: Fixed minor memory leak in user and resource thumbnail image creation code.
- Bug fix: Fixed duplicate status list retrieval that was degrading performance.
- Change: OfficeStatus Windows Client user and resource status views now have text wrapping turned off by default.
VERSION 6.0.465.0: Released April 4, 2017
- Feature: Status types by department graph views are now limited to the top ten most heavily populated departments.
- Bug fix: Primary phone and extension data not visible in legacy (v5 and earlier) OfficeStatus Windows Client installations.
- Bug fix: Flagging a phone number entry as primary within OfficeStatus Windows Client incorrectly affects other phone entries of differing types.
- Bug fix: Client layout admin interface wasn't allowing for full de-selection of all phone type columns.
- Bug fix: Custom installer now resets IIS by restarting the W3SVC service directly (rather than using IISRESET).
- Bug fix: Company phone list would display extensions incorrectly in some circumstances.
- Bug fix: Client layout visible columns site config entry was not being cleared when upgrading from v5 to v6.
- Bug fix: OfficeStatus Server installer should not present repair/modify options when executed subsequent to initial install.
Version 6.0.455.0: Released March 12, 2017
- Feature: Added support for recurrence when scheduling user and resource status changes.
- Feature: Resource ownership is now editable. Resource owners have full control over the associated resource, as do system admins.
- Feature: Resources can now be assigned a "status manager", at which point only that user (and owners and system admins) can update their status.
- Feature: Management of resource notes and status schedules is now limited to their creators, resource owners, and status managers (if one is assigned).
- Feature: OfficeStatus admins can now selectively configure (user and resource) statuses to require entry of "due back" information during status changes.
- Feature: OfficeStatus admins can now disable quick status change features across all user interfaces.
- Feature: Public web interface view has been greatly improved with new table layout option, automatic scrolling, full screen mode, and more.
- Feature: Public view options menu now highlights options which are actively engaged.
- Feature: OfficeStatus web public view now supports sorting of user tiles by first name.
- Feature: OfficeStatus web public view offers improved layout and styling, and can better accommodate long company names.
- Feature: OfficeStatus web interface now has an "Out & Returning" toolbar button for quickly checking out with a calculated return date.
- Feature: New server-side user inactivity monitoring features have been added to OfficeStatus.
- Feature: Windows, web, and mobile web status boards can now show (and search) primary phone numbers for any defined phone type (office, mobile, etc.).
- Feature: Mobile web interface status board can now show (admin-defined) custom status fields.
- Feature: Users can now specify multiple primary phone numbers - one for each defined phone type (office, mobile, etc.).
- Feature: OfficeStatus admins can now control which user interfaces (Windows, web, or mobile web) employees can use to log into the system.
- Feature: OfficeStatus admins can now selectively enable/disable scheduling at the status level.
- Feature: Web interface has improved interface for searching user status board entries and resources.
- Feature: Added user account lockout support (see administrative password policy page of web interface).
- Feature: Web interface theme has been updated for improved page size, performance, and appearance.
- Feature: Improved reporting of validation errors in web interface pop-up dialogs.
- Feature: A number of product report queries are now executed without locks for improved performance and reduction of deadlock potential.
- Feature: Web interface user home page has been redesigned to eliminate use of tabs and improve readability.
- Feature: Users are now provided with more granular error messaging upon entering incorrect authentication credentials during login.
- Feature: Added the ability to print resource and user status status grids from the web interface (requires browser pop-ups to be enabled).
- Feature: Web interface status board now supports sorting by custom status field data.
- Feature: Mobile web interface status board now shows user status images by default (with option to toggle off).
- Feature: Added new "User Time in Status" report, which provides a breakdown of user time in each status for a given range of time.
- Feature: Reports can now be exported to MS Excel file format.
- Feature: Reports have greatly improved overall rendering performance.
- Feature: Active Directory user import tool now supports importing of user photos directly into OfficeStatus.
- Feature: The maximum length of user and resource status comments has been increased from 255 to 2048 characters.
- Feature: Web interface user and resource status boards have improved handling of status comment columns (which can contain long strings of text).
- Feature: OfficeStatus admins can now disable status watch features entirely, or enable them only for role members.
- Feature: OfficeStatus admins can now disable text messaging features entirely, or enable them only for role members.
- Feature: OfficeStatus web and Windows desktop interfaces better adapt their user interfaces to disabled system features.
- Feature: New "Time in Status" field has been added to web and desktop status board interfaces.
- Feature: Admin client layout can now manage the default visibility of alternate phone type status board columns.
- Feature: A stand-alone company announcements page has been added to the OfficeStatus web interface.
- Feature: OfficeStatus web interface now shows new message and company announcement links (with counts) in the header.
- Feature: OfficeStatus web interface now shows system alert notification in the header (admins only) when alerts are available.
- Feature: OfficeStatus Windows Client department tabs now shows department member counts (in addition to department name).
- Feature: A "statuses" chart has been added to OfficeStatus Windows Client that shows distribution of users across all statuses.
- Feature: Web interface user message search function improved to avoid page refresh and respond to enter button clicks.
- Feature: Sent messages now behave more intuitively and can now be deleted by the originating user.
- Feature: User and resource status grid views now support multi-line cells with improved navigation.
- Feature: User status grid views (web and Windows interfaces) now offer a right-click menu option for toggling status locks on or off.
- Feature: Resource status change views (web and Windows interfaces) now provide one-click return and form reset capabilities.
- Feature: Resource status change views now defaults the assigned user (when not already set) based upon resource availability.
- Feature: Rounding of assisted date/time values during status changes is now managed by the Client Settings system.
- Feature: The mobile web interface now honors current assisted date/time rounding Client Settings.
- Feature: Status watches in web interface home page have been enhanced to show status images and can now be used to initiate status changes.
- Feature: Status watches in Windows Client have been enhanced to show status images and can now be used to initiate status changes (via double-click).
- Feature: Maintenance service now offers stronger resilience to transient failures in individual service workers.
- Feature: During installation of OfficeStatus Server, maintenance system service is now configured to auto-recover upon failure.
- Feature: When a user's account is disabled, they will now be logged out of web or desktop interfaces sooner (during navigation).
- Feature: Scheduled status changes can now be deleted via the user/resource status change interface.
- Feature: A system notification is now generated when the OfficeStatus Maintenance system service is being shut down.
- Feature: Officestatus admins can now overwrite existing user work schedules with the company site schedule.
- Feature: Improved date/time selection controls in OfficeStatus Windows Client status change dialogs.
- Feature: User time card report now allows for selection of specific statuses (by default, in/unavailable status types are selected).
- Feature: OfficeStatus admins can now push client settings to one or more specific users.
- Feature: The admin user listing batch editing mechanism has been expanded to support new OfficeStatus 6 user attributes.
- Feature: OfficeStatus Windows Client offers improved main window show/hide behavior.
- Feature: The admin and client guides built into the OfficeStatus web interface have been redesigned, modernized, and enhanced.
- Feature: The mobile web interface status board now updates itself automatically (on a periodic basis), without needing a manual page refresh.
- Feature: Improved appearance and usability of OfficeStatus Windows Client (and supplemental tools) in high DPI environments.
- Feature: The mobile web interface now honors the "highlight me in the user status board" user preference.
- Feature: Many more web and Windows Client detail views have a default sort associated with them.
- Feature: OfficeStatus Windows Client themes have been simplified and improved across all supported operating systems.
- Feature: OfficeStatus Windows Client user status board column chooser now sorted the same as the status board grid.
- Feature: OfficeStatus Windows Client idle detection will no longer change a user's status from a custom "unavailable" status type to the more general (built-in) "unavailble" status.
- Bug fix: OfficeStatus Server installer now functions correctly when using "sa" account for initial database initialization.
- Bug fix: OfficeStatus Server web interface would (incorrectly) allow empty values in client settings numeric input fields.
- Bug fix: Some reports were not properly constraining output based upon selected date range.
- Bug fix: OfficeStatus Windows Client updater has improved error handling and reporting.
- Bug fix: Fixed problem in site status scheduler that caused existing schedules to fail at the start of a new year.
- Bug fix: "Status Types by Department" chart in Windows Client was showing incorrect tooltips on mouse hover.
- Bug fix: "Statuses" chart in web interface (user home page) could show incorrect colors.
- Bug fix: OfficeStatus Windows Client full screen mode would compute incorrect screen boundaries when already maximized.
- Bug fix: Web interface user message view search function failed to reliably find messages by date string.
- Bug fix: OfficeStatus Windows Client wasn't exposing the (optional, hidden by default) "Department(s)" field as expected.
- Bug fix: Web mobile interface resource status change page didn't allow resource assignment to be set to "none".
- Bug fix: Disabled admin role member accounts couldn't be deleted without first being re-enabled.
- Bug fix: Resource status management page (of web interface) had incorrect default sorting direction.
- Bug fix: Fixed bug in user time card report time span aggregation logic.
- Bug fix: Fixed potential "invalid TAPI LineForward" error message that could occur with non-standard phone systems.
- Bug fix: Fixed problem with OfficeStatus Windows Client failing to create new resources when no locations are defined.
- Bug fix: OfficeStatus Server installer database configuration step now only lists existing non-system databases.
- Bug fix: OfficeStatus Windows Client resource listing wasn't refreshing itself at the expected frequency (wrong cache duration).
- Bug fix: Fixed issue where creating a custom status field with a predefined list wouldn't save correctly without being re-edited.
- Bug fix:: Fixed issue with incoming calls being reported as outgoing on some phone systems with non-standard TAPI drivers.
- Bug fix:: Resolved issue server config portion of OfficeStatus Server installer not supporting high DPI environments.
- Change:: OfficeStatus Windows Client now requires .NET Framework v4.0 or later.
- Change:: The ReportViewer security role has been retired.
Version 5.0.403.0: Released September 29, 2016
- Feature: Added official support for Windows Server 2016.
- Bug fix: Fixed possible SqlDateTime overflow issue in OfficeStatus Server.
- Bug fix: Browser compatibility updates and fixes.
Version 5.0.398.0: Released August 4, 2016
- Feature: Workstation shutdown status events no longer affect a user's status if they're already "out".
- Feature: User contact information views now display read-only location information.
- Feature: Added support for automatic crash reporting at the (OfficeStatus Maintenance) service level.
- Bug fix: Disabling scheduled user status changes prevented return statuses from being processed.
- Bug fix: Fixed cache data accessibility issues in web interface.
- Bug fix: Fixed bug that denied location change capability (from the contact information window) to qualified users.
- Bug fix: Now ignoring rare STG_E_FILEALREADYEXISTS exception produced by Windows client during task bar integration.
Version 5.0.393.0: Released July 7, 2016
- Bug fix: Replying to a message in the mobile web interface yielded incorrect recipient.
- Bug fix: Fixed bug that could occur when saving user image from Windows Client user image viewer.
- Bug fix: Domain is no longer required when configuring Exchange Sync admin settings.
- Bug fix: Resolved OfficeStatus Windows Client user contact window problems when no locations are defined.
Version 5.0.382.0: Released May 26, 2016
- Feature: Product installers are now dual-signed with SHA1/SHA2.
- Feature: The Active Directory user import grid page size has been increased for improved navigation.
- Feature: Added an option to force outbound SMS (text) email messages to use the global "from address" defined in server email settings.
- Bug fix: Increased IMAP send / receive timeout for Email Status Updates functionality.
- Bug fix: OfficeStatus Windows Client now prevents certain critical toolbars from being hidden.
- Bug fix: Various web browser compatibility fixes and improvements.
- Bug fix: Fix for missing entries in Windows Client resource status type drop-down box during resource status changes.
- Bug fix: The user status calendar was handling department locked membership incorrectly, resulting in partial calendar entries.
- Bug fix: Fixed user status cache bug in web interface that could result in transient incorrect listings.
Version 5.0.370.0: Released June 13, 2015
- Bug fix: Members of the receptionist role were unable to update certain contact info data elements for other users.
- Bug fix: Fixed "Year, Month, and Day parameters describe an un-representable DateTime" error in user status calendar.
- Bug fix: Fixed system service alerting of overly generic "one or more errors occurred" message.
- Bug fix: Resolved rare unhandled COM exception that could occur during OfficeStatus Server installation.
- Bug fix: The "emergency contact" field of the Windows Client contact screen was not editable.
Version 5.0.365.0: Released April 6, 2015
- Feature: Exchange calendar sync error messages now include the name of the associated user.
- Bug fix: The web-based mobile interface was incorrectly redirecting to the primary user login page.
- Bug fix: Fixed cosmetic issue with toolbar button state in various web interface pages.
- Bug fix: When status watches were configured to send both text and email notifications, only the email was actually sent.
- Bug fix: User accounts flagged as hidden were not showing in the organizational tree, thus potentially suppressing any users reporting to them.
Version 5.0.362.0: Released February 18, 2015
- Feature: Added an administrative user account cleanup tool that can permanently delete disabled user accounts.
- Feature: Emails sent from OfficeStatus now have an "X-Application: OfficeStatus" custom SMTP header (can be used for filtering, etc.).
- Feature: OfficeStatus Server prerequisites are now handled by a separate, bundled installation package that includes server role configuration.
- Feature: Server-side call monitoring can now correctly process multiple calls for each user/extension.
- Feature: OfficeStatus Windows Client telephony event configuration options were not correctly enabled with server-side call monitoring engaged.
- Feature: The Telephony Integration Guide is now available from within the Administrative help menu of the web-based interface.
- Feature: The Telephony Integration Guide has been revised to include more information on setup and configuration.
Version 5.0.355.0: Released February 5, 2015
- Feature: Added quick status change support to the mobile web interface navigation menu.
- Feature: Added the ability to set default client "sign me in automatically" and "remember my password" options from ClientInstall.ini file.
- Feature: Added installer support for automatic detection of SQL Server 2014 Express installations.
- Feature: Minimum value for the status board and user message refresh settings have been reduced to 5 seconds.
- Bug fix: Specific Windows Client "Out & Returning" menu items were ordered incorrectly.
- Bug fix: Server side telephony integration was not correctly reverting to previous user status.
- Bug fix: Fix for web interface status change dialog control z-order issues.
- Bug fix: Fixed problem with un-populated custom status fields not appearing in OfficeStatus Windows Client in some circumstances.
- Bug fix: Connection strings logged during installation no longer include the password portion of the string.
- Bug fix: Various additional, minor user interface fixes and improvements.
Version 5.0.347.0: Released September 3, 2014
- Bug fix: Windows Client would not show updated statuses if the workstation clock was ahead of the server clock.
- Bug fix: Web interface user contact editor was including disabled users in the "reports to" drop-down box.
- Bug fix: Status default return time computations used an incorrect start time in some circumstances.
- Bug fix: The Windows Client "Out & Returning" function was not setting the due back date/time correctly.
- Bug fix: Active Directory user import incorrectly labeled error messages as being "Exchange communications" errors.
Version 5.0.344.0: Released August 29, 2014
- Bug fix: Status default due back offset would not apply offset beyond the current day.
- Bug fix: Windows Client "auto login" setting was not being retained correctly when changed.
- Bug fix: Active Directory user import list checkbox defaults were not being set correctly when the user already exists.
- Bug fix: Active Directory user import now uses a paged search that should help to avoid default maximum result limits.
- Bug fix: Resolved Windows Client error "the output char buffer is too small to contain the decoded character".
Version 5.0.343.0: Released August 27, 2014
- Feature: Windows Client now provides better error messaging when attempting to authenticate against an incompatible server version.
- Feature: Double-clicking a Windows Client status board entry while in mini view mode now initiates a status change (rather than showing contact info).
- Bug fix: Public view page was incorrectly requiring user login before being displayed.
- Bug fix: Custom status field data was not displayed properly in some circumstances.
- Bug fix: Resolved default user status board sort discrepancy between web and desktop interfaces.
- Bug fix: Resolved data key granularity issue when editing custom status field data from the web interface.
- Bug fix: Database schema change adjustments relating to custom status field functionality.
Version 5.0.332.0: Released August 12, 2014
- Feature: Support added for SQL Server 2014 (all editions).
- Feature: Added scheduler/calendar views for both user and resource statuses, allowing them to be viewed company-wide.
- Feature: Considerable reduction in the average amount of status update data sent between Windows Client and OfficeStatus Server.
- Feature: User statuses now support computed default due back date/time values.
- Feature: Added new "At Lunch" status with a default due back of one hour.
- Feature: Added support for automatic Windows Client updates (must be enabled within admin interface).
- Feature: Added user account password reset support. This feature can be disabled in Administration | System | Enable or Disable Features.
- Feature: Users can now update their status by sending a message to an email account monitored by OfficeStatus.
- Feature: Scheduled resource status changes can longer have an "available" status type.
- Feature: User status change dialogs now keep due back date/time in sync with scheduled start date/time.
- Feature: Added "quick status change" support to the top-level menu of the web interface.
- Feature: Windows client default toolbar layout has been simplified (all features are still available from menu).
- Feature: Web interface status change popup window has been streamlined with a new toolbar.
- Feature: Web interface status change popup window now supports "one-click return".
- Feature: Mobile interface navigation has been consolidation into a touch-friendly pop-up menu within the page header.
- Feature: Mobile interface now has support for viewing resources, resource details, and updating resource status.
- Feature: All date/time assist functions now support "end of day" calculations (e.g. "Next Monday (End of Day)", etc.).
- Feature: Windows Client mini view mode now hides docking panels when engaged (and restores docking state when disengaged).
- Feature: Added multiple user status change capability to the primary web interface.
- Feature: User and resource scheduled statuses can now specify a "previous status" return status.
- Feature: Active Directory user import tool now exposes the date/time the user account was created.
- Feature: Active Directory user import checkboxes now default to unchecked if a matching user (with the same username) already exists.
- Feature: Public view now has a primary telephone extension display option.
- Feature: Public view now remembers option and filter state between user visits.
- Feature: Currently applied public view options are now displayed in bold to make the toggle state clearer.
- Feature: Added the ability to control (and optionally lock down) web and desktop status board column configuration from the server.
- Feature: Added the ability to control the default visibility of Windows Client docking panels from the server.
- Feature: Added a stand-alone Company Announcements viewer to Windows Client, making it accessible via the menu (or customized toolbar).
- Feature: Primary web interface has a new theme that features larger fonts, improved browser compatibility, and more.
- Feature: Added the administrative ability to limit new resource creation to members of the receptionist, dept/location manager, and admin roles.
- Feature: Added server-side telephony integration and call monitoring support (via third-party TAPI).
- Feature: Added location change capability to the mobile device interface.
- Feature: Added new "Arrival Times" report that shows when users first sign in to OfficeStatus each day.
- Feature: User time card reports now include a day-of-week indicator, improving their readability.
- Feature: Active Directory user import tool now supports path filtering (e.g. for limiting results to specific groups, etc.)
- Feature: Added an administrative resource status history editor (very similar in function to the user status history editor).
- Feature: Significant performance enhancements through improved use of caching, database queries, etc.
- Feature: User status change views now sorts custom data fields by name (ascending) by default.
- Feature: Multiple user status change mechanism now supports the application of a status lock.
- Feature: The web and desktop client applications now offer filters that show only users with an overdue "due back" date/time.
- Feature: User status images now support PNG file format (in addition to existing GIF format support).
- Feature: The selection of available stock status images has been expanded and the default status icons have been improved.
- Feature: Primary application executables are now authenticode signed for improved security and verifiability.
- Feature: Quick status change menus (web and desktop client) are now sorted according to display order (and name) rules.
- Bug fix: Resolved potential client deadlock condition related to status event changes.
- Bug fix: Resolved problem with persisted desktop client UI component state causing problems during upgrades.
- Bug fix: In the mobile web interface, canceling status board column display options didn't work as expected.
- Bug fix: Mobile interface how page showed incorrect company announcement count in certain scenarios.
- Bug fix: Date/time assist button in multiple user status change dialog (Windows Client) was not setting due back time.
- Bug fix: Web interface password change allowed blank passwords even if the user's profile prohibited it.
- Bug fix: Fixed status change date/time rounding logic so values are always rounded up (and never down).
- Bug fix: Mobile web interface announcement page wasn't showing "no items" text when needed.
- Bug fix: Now preventing errors from displaying when web interface root menu items (with children) are clicked.
- Bug fix: Web admin exchange sync and email integration config pages failed to retain correct password input state.
- Bug fix: Server installer would fail to revoke SQL Server login during re-installation, causing problems if the underlying Windows account was re-created.
- Bug fix: Server installer would fail to install optional SQL Server Express instance if Windows Installer 4.5 was not present (it is now downloaded as needed).
- Bug fix: Fixed server installer bug that could allow double-clicking of next button during configuration to bypass required input.
- Bug fix: Administrative status editor wasn't ensuring that status names are unique. This is now enforced.
- Change: Web interface client settings page has been moved to Administration | Settings | Client Management.
- Change: Minimum supported version of Internet Explorer (for primary web interface) is now 7.0.
Version 4.6.271.0: Released May 22, 2014
- Bug fix: Resolved upgrade path issue with Exchange appointment subject sync setting.
- Bug fix: Resolved installer bugs that could occur when running OfficeStatus Server under an existing Windows account.
- Bug fix: Added Windows account removal confirmation step to un-install procedure.
- Bug fix: Installer now ensures that the OfficeStatus website (or virtual dir) uses the app pool for anonymous auth.
- Bug fix: Installer no longer attempts to revoke associated SQL Server login when OfficeStatus database is removed.
- Bug fix: Installer now recognizes instances where an existing OfficeStatus database prevents a new one from being created.
- Bug fix: Installer now better supports integration with websites where only an IP address binding is present.
- Bug fix: Additional installer enhancements and fixes.
Version 4.6.262.0: Released April 15, 2014
- Bug fix: Regression in v4.6.261.0 caused public view to fail.
Version 4.6.261.0: Released April 14, 2014
- Feature: Within the web interface, message view paging has been repositioned and improved.
- Feature: Client installation now retains original product installation type between upgrades.
- Bug fix: Printing a message showed the current logged in user in the header, rather than the name of the sender.
- Bug fix: Corrected possible null reference exception (or empty recipient name) that could appear when editing draft messages.
- Bug fix: Miscellaneous browser compatibility improvements (particularly for IE running in compatibility mode).
- Bug fix: Editing a message draft in the web interface didn't correctly populate the recipient selection list.
- Change: Product licensing page has been moved to Administration | Help | Product Licensing.
Version 4.6.257.0: Released February 21, 2014
- Feature: SMS messages sent from within OfficeStatus now use the email address of the sender (if available) as the SMTP "from" address.
- Feature: Admins can now choose to prevent normal users from editing their own contact information.
- Feature: Added new option that controls when appointment subjects are carried over to status comments during calendar sync.
- Feature: The concept of a separate "service version" has been retired (e.g. no longer shown or used).
- Bug fix: Various browser compatibility fixes (specifically for IE 8/9/11 and Chrome 32).
- Bug fix: Resolved faulty trigger of the optional SQL Server 2008 Express Edition installation feature for OfficeStatus Server.
- Bug fix: Added toolbar button availability checks to Windows Client toolbar enable/disable routine.
Version 18.104.22.168: Released January 28, 2014
- Bug fix: Resolved incompatibility with Internet Explorer 9.
- Bug fix: Reverted bundled SQL Server Express 2008 R2 installer to SP1 (to address a known install limitation with SP2).
- Bug fix: Additional logging during product installation.
Version 22.214.171.124: Released January 20, 2014
- Feature: Log files are now written using default system text encoding.
- Bug fix: Maintenance service now ignores last-ran date/time values that occur in the future.
- Bug fix: Reverted to previous client MSI installer behavior (per-machine when run as admin, otherwise per-user).
- Bug fix: Resolved incorrect schema allocation defect that could affect site-wide status schedules.
Version 126.96.36.199: Released January 3, 2014
- Feature: Improved support for Internet Explorer 11.
- Feature: Added new URL parameters that can be passed into the read-only public view to initialize its filters.
- Feature: Improvements in web admin guide help, including new topics for mobile device support and the public view.
- Feature: Improved error handling in the case that the SMTP Server field is not populated in email system settings page.
- Bug fix: Accessing the public view page incorrectly required a specific page qualifier.
- Bug fix: Windows Client "Out & Returning " function would fail if built-in "Out" status was renamed.
- Bug fix: Mobile link wasn't working correctly from web-based user login page.
- Bug fix: Windows Client wasn't enforcing the setting that prevents users from changing their own location.
Version 188.8.131.52: Released December 10, 2013
- Feature: Resource listings in client/web interfaces are now refreshed automatically.
- Bug fix: Windows Client custom status data field date/time formatting was using 24-hour clock.
- Bug fix: Windows Client resource scheduling window was not correctly loading the user assignment field.
- Bug fix: Resource schedule auto-return was not clearing the user assignment.
- Bug fix: OfficeStatus Server installer no longer waits for maintenance service to start fully before proceeding.
- Bug fix: Improved error handling in cases where details are accessed for deleted resources (Windows Client).
- Bug fix: Resolved error that could occur the second time the Windows Client resources listing was accessed.
- Bug fix: Disabled site-wide status schedules were still being processed in some cases.
Version 184.108.40.206: Released December 4, 2013
- Bug fix: Windows Client one-click return button (status change window) would target the wrong status in some scenarios.
- Bug fix: Windows Client status change window failed to show custom data fields in certain cases.
Version 220.127.116.11: Released December 2, 2013
- Bug fix: Windows Client would show expired company announcements under specific circumstances.
- Bug fix: Web mobile interface would show expired company announcements under specific circumstances.
- Bug fix: Windows Client company phone list menu was not being populated in some cases.
Version 18.104.22.168: Released November 29, 2013
- Bug fix: Fixed v4.5 regression that caused site status schedule processing to fail.
Version 22.214.171.124: Released November 22, 2013
- Bug fix: User status locks weren't correctly preventing scheduled status changes.
- Bug fix: In the web interface status board, sending a text message via right click was not properly enabled.
- Bug fix: Maintenance system service could fail to start on systems with specific culture settings.
Version 126.96.36.199: Released November 18, 2013
- Feature: Added support for Windows Server 2012 R2 (OfficeStatus Server).
- Feature: Added support for Windows 8.1 and (Windows desktop client).
- Feature: Added support for Internet Explorer 11 (web interface).
- Feature: Users can now "lock" their status, thereby preventing external forces (status events, calendar sync, etc.) from affecting it.
- Feature: Locations can now be flagged as private, making the location (and its users) hidden from non-members.
- Feature: Users can now be locked into their department(s), allowing them to see only other members of the same department(s).
- Feature: The "employees", "departments", and "locations" reports now honor the new private location and user department lock features.
- Feature: Administrators can now control whether or not users are allowed to change their own location and/or department membership.
- Feature: A new "location manager" role has been added. Members of this role can change the status of (and manage) any user within the same location.
- Feature: The maximum length of status and resource status names has been doubled (to 50 characters).
- Feature: Web-based administrative user account listing now offers improved scrolling and static column headers.
- Feature: A new "enable or disable features" page has been added to the admin section of the web interface, and related options moved to it.
- Feature: Added the ability to disable resource related features on a system-wide basis.
- Feature: Added the ability to disable text messaging features on a system-wide basis.
- Feature: The user status lock feature can be disabled for normal (non privileged) users.
- Feature: Preventing access to disabled features is now implemented in a more consistent manner across web and desktop interfaces.
- Feature: Added a departmental filter drop-down box to the administrative user status history editor.
- Feature: Administrative user batch editing feature has been extended to include a variety of user account attributes.
- Feature: Status lock field was added to User Status History detail report.
- Feature: Exchange calendar sync is now more dynamic, and will re-sync appointments in progress if the end time changes (and hasn't yet passed).
- Feature: The calendar sync and status schedule service workers now fire at a more frequent interval, making them more timely.
- Feature: Added new date/time assist buttons to resource status editor (web and Windows client interfaces).
- Feature: The Client Settings admin tool (web interface) can now save client settings for a specific user (see User Overrides tab).
- Feature: The User Overrides tab of the Client Settings admin tool now shows default values next to each user override value.
- Feature: The administrative status editor page has improved image selection and preview mechanisms.
- Feature: Company name now appears on the web interface user login page (when specified in company info page).
- Feature: Windows Client now warns user when running under .NET Client Profile and accessing reporting features (full edition of .NET Framework is required).
- Feature: Windows Client MSI installers (for GPO deployment) now install on a per-user basis (exclusively), without admin privileges.
- Feature: More extensive use of short-duration caching within the web interface results in better performance and scalability.
- Feature: Various additional performance and scalability enhancements.
- Bug fix: All status change interfaces now have a default rounding of 5 minutes. Also, the "now" buttons use rounding as well.
- Bug fix: When status scheduling is disabled system-wide, access to the User Status Schedule report is now prevented.
- Bug fix: Deleting a user that another user reports to could result in an error when viewing contact information from Windows Client.
- Bug fix: The web interface status change pop-up dialog could (in some browsers) show scrollbars when date/time assist buttons were used.
- Bug fix: User deletion was not removing related resource assignments.
- Bug fix: The User Overrides tab of the Client Settings admin tool was showing default values, rather than just overridden values.
- Bug fix: The checkboxes on the dept tab of the Windows Client user contact form required multiple clicks in order to change state.
- Bug fix: Initiating a status change from the user home page of the web interface didn't update the displayed home page status immediately.
- Bug fix: Phone list dynamic popup menus are now disabled when they contain no qualified entries (web and desktop interfaces).
- Change: Default user status board refresh rate has been changed to 30 seconds.
Version 188.8.131.52: Released September 23, 2013
- Bug fix: User status change notifications were being directed to the wrong user in some cases.
Version 184.108.40.206: Released September 10, 2013
- Feature: Improved logging, resilience and exception handling during maintenance system service initialization.
- Feature: Implemented a range of performance enhancements (including short duration caching) relating to user custom data field retrieval.
- Bug fix: Resolved (rare) error that could occur during Windows Client hotkey initialization when using non-English Windows OS.
- Bug fix: Cancelling user selection in the Windows Client during when configuring status watches could clear the watch list unexpectedly.
- Bug fix: Status change email and text notifications could, in some scenarios, be missing the target status name.
Version 220.127.116.11: Released August 27, 2013
- Feature: In Windows Client, double-clicking a user status in mini view mode will now show that user's contact information.
- Bug fix: Resolved problem with client settings not being interpreted correctly when overrides are disabled.
Version 18.104.22.168: Released July 17, 2013
- Bug fix: Modified pathing for installed and per-user dictionaries to avoid problems in shared environments.
Version 22.214.171.124: Released July 15, 2013
- Bug fix: Resolved OfficeStatus Windows Client installer issue (install type set after path selection).
- Bug fix: Improved web interface rendering in MS Internet Explorer.
Version 126.96.36.199: Released July 11, 2013
- Feature: Added admin option that allows private appointments to be ignored during calendar auto-sync operations.
- Feature: Added "private" column to manual calendar sync grid (indicates when calendar appointments have been flagged as private).
- Bug fix: Custom status columns were not being properly synced with OfficeStatus Windows Client in all cases.
- Bug fix: Resolved foreign key constraint violation that could occur (in some scenarios) when deleting user accounts.
Version 188.8.131.52: Released June 19, 2013
- Bug fix: Resolved database upgrade issue that occurred when moving directly from v3 to v4.1.
Version 184.108.40.206: Released June 17, 2013
- Feature: Smarter, more intuitive "due back " date/time values for user and resource status listings.
- Feature: Added emergency contact information for OfficeStatus users.
- Feature: Added new emergency plan report (web and desktop interfaces).
- Feature: User addresses (and emergency contact info) are now only visible to admins, receptionists, and dept managers.
- Feature: Added a log viewer to web interface (Administration | Tools | Log Viewer).
- Feature: Added the ability to manage SMS providers (and their respective email gateway addresses).
- Feature: Added batch user account enable/disable capability to the web-based user admin page.
- Feature: SMS provider field in user contact editor can now be set to "none".
- Feature: Users now have the option of being sent directly to the status board page (bypassing the user home page) when logging into the web interface.
- Feature: Added the ability to notify of user status changes via text message (see status watch configuration).
- Feature: Added shortcut button to Windows Client (File menu) for accessing web interface.
- Feature: Company policy information field max length expanded to 8196 characters (up from 512 character limit).
- Feature: Various navigation improvements in the web interface.
- Feature: Minor improvement to update checking and trial license management.
- Bug fix: Resolved "input string not in correct format" error when deleting custom status (cosmetic).
- Bug fix: Web interface status change dialog did not correctly invalidate short-term status board cache.
- Bug fix: Web interface Company | Phone List menu would incorrectly show users without phone or extension data.
- Bug fix: Installer wasn't detecting SQL Server 2008 Express installation in all instances.
Version 220.127.116.11: Released May 31, 2013
- Feature: Added a Help | Support menu option to Windows Client to reset UI configuration settings.
- Feature: OfficeStatus Server installation now includes a SQL script execution support tool.
- Feature: New SMS email gateway provider records have been added.
- Bug fix: Resolved "System.ArgumentException" error that could occur when right-clicking Windows Client status board.
Version 18.104.22.168: Released May 24, 2013
- Feature: Introduced selective caching in web interface to improve overall performance.
- Feature: User SMS numbers are now automatically stripped of non-numeric characters.
- Bug fix: In certain instances, calendar auto sync occurred for users that didn't have it enabled.
- Bug fix: Workaround for shortcut removal error upon client uninstall / upgrade.
- Bug fix: Web interface maintenance service warning no longer shown due to permissions related issues.
- Bug fix: Admins are now prevented from attempting to remove default trial licenses.
- Bug fix: Company work schedule editor (web interface) wasn't showing data validation summary.
- Bug fix: Added bounds checking code to prevent control range error when viewing user contact info (Windows Client).
- Bug fix: Other minor bug fixes.
Version 22.214.171.124: Released May 18, 2013
- Feature: Added right-click "assign resource" function to web interface status board.
- Feature: Both Windows Client (desktop) and web interface status boards now have a quick user location assignment function (via right-click).
- Feature: Added installer shortcut to admin password reset utility.
- Feature: Windows / web organizational tree views are now sorted by full name by default.
- Feature: Added "phone list" to company menu of both Windows (desktop) and web interfaces.
- Feature: Added "due back" fields to user and status history reports (also improved field layout for both reports).
- Bug fix: Resolved web interface compatibility issues with Internet Explorer 10.
- Bug fix: Resolved minor problem with installer showing v2 upgrade instructions when launched in maintenance mode.
- Bug fix: Receptionist role members were sometimes prevented from changing contact information for other users.
- Bug fix: Windows Client MSI installers (used for Active Directory deployment) were missing notification sound files.
- Bug fix: Resource status history report would not sort by status or status types columns.
- Bug fix: Installer bug resulted in "Key not found: DeptNames" message on some upgraded Windows Client installations.
Version 126.96.36.199: Released May 14th, 2013
- Feature: Windows Client user selection window filtering improvements.
- Bug fix: Department filtering in user selection dialog (Windows Client) wouldn't show users without departmental membership.
- Bug fix: Minor theme related adjustments to OfficeStatus Windows Client.
Version 188.8.131.52: Released May 13, 2013
- Feature: Added support for custom status fields, which can be displayed in user status listings and manipulated via status change dialogs.
- Feature: Added support for syncing OfficeStatus status schedules to Outlook calendar appointments (via MS Exchange integration).
- Feature: Added support for tracking the status of resources (e.g. rooms, vehicles, equipment, etc.).
- Feature: Added new resource status history report, accessible via Windows and web client interfaces.
- Feature: Added new user status watch report, accessible via Windows and web client interfaces.
- Feature: Added support for automatic status returns, which will take affect when the designated due back date/time passes.
- Feature: Added the ability to change multiple user statuses at once (Windows Client interface only).
- Feature: User contact information (including photo) can now be updated from within OfficeStatus Windows Client.
- Feature: Status watches can now be configured to send status change alerts via email (and/or popup window).
- Feature: The mobile device user interface status board can now be filtered by department, location, name, or phone extension.
- Feature: Added the ability to send SMS text messages to OfficeStatus users (through either the Windows Client or web interfaces).
- Feature: Statuses now have their own (independently defined) foreground/background colors, with the status type color serving as a default.
- Feature: Added the ability to control how full user names are displayed on a system-wide basis (across all interfaces). Admins can now choose from "last, first" or "first last" full name formats.
- Feature: The web interface user status grid now supports column re-ordering and resizing. Use the "Save Settings" toolbar button to persist any changes made.
- Feature: OfficeStatus Server email integration has been extended to support custom SMTP port specification and SSL, allowing for integration with Gmail, etc.
- Feature: The email integration admin page of the web interface now provides the ability to send a test email message.
- Feature: Added optional (initially hidden) "reports to" and "department(s)" columns to user status board (web and Windows Client interfaces).
- Feature: Exporting from within the web interface status board now includes data from all pages (not just the currently selected page).
- Feature: Significantly reduced page sizes make the web interface faster and more bandwidth efficient.
- Feature: Web interface status board location and departmental filtering now honor the "initial department " and "initial location " selection options in user preferences.
- Feature: Web interface menu items must now be clicked in order to open them, improving consistency between Windows & web client navigation behavior.
- Feature: Added mobile login link to primary web interface login page (as a supplement to the automatic forwarding mechanism currently in place).
- Feature: The user selection window within OfficeStatus Windows Client has been redesigned for improved filtering and ease of use.
- Feature: The "Minimize Windows Client after signing in" user setting can now be managed by the Client Settings admin tool
- Feature: The mobile web interface status board can now optionally show/hide phone extension, primary phone, job title, and due back columns.
- Feature: Added the ability to import users from an Excel spreadsheet file.
- Feature: Active Directory user import now brings in fax, mobile, and pager number data (when available).
- Feature: Hidden user accounts are no longer included in reports, nor are they factored into workforce visualization graphs.
- Feature: Added record pruning facilities for resource status history database records.
- Feature: Installer now uses database enumeration mechanism that requires less permissions.
- Feature: A new "one-click return" button has been added to the Windows Client user status change window toolbar.
- Feature: The Windows Client user status change comments textbox now checks spelling errors while you type.
- Feature: An exception can now be made for the "do not clear status comments or due back data before user is due back" in cases where the status change is user-initiated.
- Feature: Custom statuses with the same display order number are now sorted alphabetically.
- Feature: Improved default sorting of various lookup data (e.g. locations, departments, etc.), with better consistency across interfaces.
- Feature: The maintenance system service worker execution mechanism is now multi-threaded, making background operation execution more robust and reliable.
- Feature: Windows Client message reader has improved appearance, and now remembers splitter positions between uses.
- Feature: Added support for pruning old, processed status schedule records from the database (applies to both user and resource status schedules).
- Feature: Added a "primary phone list" pop-up submenu to the OfficeStatus Windows Client tray area menu (accessed via right-click).
- Feature: Windows Client mini view mode is now always sorted by full name (ascending), regardless of grid view sort.
- Feature: OfficeStatus Server now ships with a administrative password reset utility that can only be run from the host server.
- Feature: Admin panel of web interface home page will now warn admins if email integration is not configured.
- Feature: Added the ability to clear web interface user status board settings (customizations), reverting it to its default configuration.
- Feature: The version of SQL Server Express that (optionally) installs with OfficeStatus Server has been upgraded to 2008 R2 (SP2).
- Feature: Telephone numbers in the mobile web interface are now clickable (e.g. will initiate a phone call) on most mobile phone devices.
- Feature: User membership controls in the web interface now offer improved keyboard navigation (letter keys can be used to find entries).
- Bug fix: Windows client message reader selection was not scrolled into view when double-clicking a message in the main window Unread Messages panel.
- Bug fix: Web interface sign out button would trigger validation for the current page.
- Bug fix: Use of the header context menu within the user status grid of the web interface would stop the page auto-refresh mechanism without resuming it.
- Bug fix: Resolved a problem that could cause OfficeStatus Windows Client to skip shutdown status event processing in specific cases.
- Bug fix: OfficeStatus Windows Client main window search panel status dropdown box was showing extraneous columns (cosmetic issue only).
- Bug fix: Deletion of phone and address system types would not remove corresponding user phone and address records.
- Bug fix: User status listing overdue indicators weren't accounting for current due-back dates without times.
- Bug fix: Status column of the mobile web interface was not using the correct link foreground color.
- Bug fix: Logging in or out of the web-based user interface would not honor the user's "clear existing status comments" setting.
- Bug fix: Active Directory user import would import users without a first/last name field defined (they should be required).
- Bug fix: In rare circumstances it was possible for a web interface pop-up window to incorrectly contain the login screen.
- Bug fix: Web mobile interface allowed entry of due back date/time that occurred in the past.
- Bug fix: Mobile web browser time zone offset detection was not working as expected.
- Bug fix: When messaging was disabled at the site level, the mobile interface still allowed access to messages in some circumstances.
- Bug fix: Work schedule modifications weren't being saved correctly for individual users.
- Bug fix: Address deletion in web interface user contact editor would remove the wrong record.
- Change: Support for SQL Server 2000 has been discontinued. All later versions and editions are supported.
- Change: OfficeStatus Server now requires Microsoft .NET Framework v4 or later (Windows Client still supports .NET Framework v2 and later).
Version 184.108.40.206: Released January 24, 2013
- Bug fix: Telephony disconnect not correctly resulting in user status change in specific circumstances.
Feature: Reporting Users tab of administrative user editor (web-based interface) now sorts selection
boxes by last name (in ascending order).
Change: Delayed generation of user status grid print preview during OfficeStatus Windows Client
Version 220.127.116.11: Released November 26, 2012
- Feature: Installer updated to detect SQL Server Express 2012 installation.
Feature: Added host name DNS resolution test to the "new website" dialog of the OfficeStatus Server
Bug fix: Remember password feature of web-based interface was not working correctly in certain
Version 18.104.22.168: Released September 7, 2012
- Feature: Added support for Internet Explorer 10 to the OfficeStatus web interface.
- Feature: Added support for installing OfficeStatus Windows Client on Windows 8.
- Feature: Added support for installing OfficeStatus Server on Windows Server 2012.
Feature: Communications between OfficeStatus Server and OfficeStatus Windows Client are now
automatically compressed. This provides significant performance gains and reduces bandwidth consumption associated with
desktop client requests. Users must be running OfficeStatus Windows Client 22.214.171.124 or later in order to take advantage
of this new compression capability.
Feature: The OfficeStatus Server installer now offers to download and install SQL Server Express 2008
SP1 (rather than packaging the older SQL Server Express 2005 release directly into the main installer).
Bug fix: Local password storage encryption algorithm has been changed in order to address (rare)
decryption problems in certain environments.
Bug fix: Validation error display mechanism was not being shown correctly within the web-based user
status change window.
Version 126.96.36.199: Released June 29, 2012
- Feature: OfficeStatus Windows Client can now take advantage of IIS HTTP compression.
Feature: OfficeStatus Windows Client now installs with default status watch and unread note notification
Bug fix: When managing messages from within OfficeStatus Windows Client, the UI didn't always update
immediately due to server-side caching.
Bug fix: Resolved problem with site status schedules not updating the "last processed" date/time
correctly in some circumstances, resulting in them being re-processed.
Bug fix: Resolved a problem with database maintenance message pruning where electing to un-check the
"only auto-delete old messages that have been read" option could result in messages being deleted prematurely.
- Bug fix: Updated user deletion mechanism to include removal of any messages sent by the user.
Bug fix: Normal (non-admin) users were unable to read sent messages (e.g. a permissions error would be
Bug fix: State of Windows Client message reader toolbar was, in a handful of scenarios, inconsistent
with that of its web interface equivalent.
Bug fix: OfficeStatus Windows Client organizational tree could (in specific scenarios) throw an
exception when viewing a user's contact details.
Version 188.8.131.52: Released March 27, 2012
- Bug fix: The text of certain error types on the web-based user sign-in page would not wrap correctly.
Bug fix: Default button on web-based user sign-in page would not be re-assigned after a failed login
- Bug fix: Resolved "Could not find UpdatePanel with ID" error that could occur on user home page.
Version 184.108.40.206: Released March 22, 2012
- Improvement: The OfficeStatus web application is now precompiled for improved startup performance.
Bug fix - Windows Client would throw an exception if notification area icon tooltip text exceeded 64
characters. Text is now truncated as required.
Bug fix - Date and time picker controls in several areas of the web interface were always showing in US
format, regardless of host computer culture settings.
Bug fix - Email addresses with top-level domains exceeding three characters (e.g. "email@example.com")
did not pass validation in the user and contact editors.
Bug fix - Telephone extension was missing from the "My Contact Information" tab of the user home page
Version 220.127.116.11: Released February 23, 2012
Bug fix: User status change window in web interface was not closing automatically when the Save button
Bug fix: In the web interface user status change window, using the Reset Form button would not apply the
new user status selection.
Version 18.104.22.168: Released January 30, 2012
Improvement: User status history report now allows for precise selection of target status (not just status
type). Now users can report against a specific status such as "on vacation", "out sick", etc.
Improvement: The web interface home page no longer uses session state to render the "status types
by department" graph image.
- Improvement: Report rendering times have been improved significantly (in both Windows and web client interfaces).
Improvement: The web interface user home page has been redesigned to make better use of horizontal space.
Tabs are now used to group related panels.
Improvement: A new "statuses" bar graph view has been added to the user home page of the web
- Improvement: The user status board of the web interface now uses a tabbed toolbar to group similar commands.
- Improvement: The user status board of the web interface now supports outlook-like grouping.
Improvement: The administrative home page alerts panel now shows the title of the most recently generated
alert (if applicable).
Improvement: Status comment and "due back" fields have been added to the web and Windows client
status watch panels.
Improvement: Windows client now supports multi-column sorting. To use this feature, hold the shift key
while sorting columns.
Improvement: In the Windows Client user status change windows, status comment selection has been moved
to a drop-down box just above the status comment editor. This makes the relationship between controls clearer, and improves
consistency with the web-based interface.
Improvement: The status watch panel in Windows client now has a right-click (context) menu that provides
Improvement: User status change windows (in web and Windows interfaces) now have a Reset Form button, which
resets all controls to default values.
- Bug fix: Windows Client report viewer window did not remember previous window size set by user.
Bug fix: In some environments, using GPO to deploy OfficeStatus Windows Client would result in the "ClientInstall.ini"
file behavior not being applied.
- Bug fix: Minor cosmetic changes to report viewer in web interface.
- Bug fix: Improper CSS rendering on IE 7 and earlier.
Version 22.214.171.124: Released January 30, 2012
Bug fix: Resolved problem with installer; upgrades to v3.0 were not working correctly when using MSDE 2000
as the backend database.
Bug fix: Resovled installer problem where access to the directory that contains the upgrade SQL Scripts
could be denied.
Improvement: Broken user images will no longer appear if OfficeStatus Server is moved without moving the
associated image files.
Version 126.96.36.199: Released January 26, 2012
- Bug fix: OfficeStatus Windows Client MSI files were not processing ClientInstall.ini files correctly.
Bug fix: Resolved a problem in ASP.NET v4.0 environments where HTTP compression module could cause AJAX-related
Version 188.8.131.52: Released January 25, 2012
Bug fix: OfficeStatus Windows Client was not showing "all locations" in the location drop-down
box (main window toolbar).
Bug fix: Resolved rare AJAX request issue that would occur when adding addresses or phone numbers through
user editor (specific environments only).
Version 184.108.40.206: Released January 24, 2012
- Bug fix: Resolved "Sequence contains no matching element" error, which occurred in some installations.
- Bug fix: Installer now sets website virtual directory account credentials, rather than anonymous account.
Improvement: Installer now impersonates the OfficeStatus Windows user account when connecting to SQL Server
during upgrade steps.
Version 220.127.116.11: Released January 23, 2012
Feature: A new company announcements feature has been added, with both web and Windows client interfaces
Feature: OfficeStatus Windows Client spell checker now provides additional dictionary support (beyond the
default generic English). Available dictionaries include Austrailian English, Candadian English, German, Spanish, French,
Italian, Dutch, Portuguese, UK English, and US English.
Feature: Added the ability to manage (add, edit, and delete) user status history records from the admin
section of the web-based interface.
- Feature: Added an organizational tree view to web and Windows client interfaces.
Feature: Added global hotkey support to OfficeStatus Windows Client. When the global hotkey is triggered
(i.e. by pressing Ctrl+Alt+Shift+O) the client interface will be shown or hidden, depending upon current state. The hotkey
is user-configurable and can be disabled at the admin level (via client settings tool).
Feature: Added site-wide status change scheduling, which can trigger user status changes in bulk on a recurring
Feature: A new, read-only "public view" has been added to the web interface. When enabled, this
feature grants read-only visibility into user statuses without requiring login. Designed for common area displays, visitor
Feature: It is now possible to use custom statuses in status events (previously, status events were limited
to working only with the three built-in status types).
- Feature: Added a new "sent" message view to the web and Windows client message reader interfaces.
- Feature: Added the ability to disable use of status scheduling system-wide (e.g. applies to all users).
Feature: Added ability to require user password policy conformance. User passwords can be required to conform
to a variety of rules. OfficeStatus Windows Client users will need to upgrade to v3.0 to gain access to this feature.
Feature: Telephony event integration has been added to OfficeStatus Windows Client. It can now monitor
a single line for call connected / disconnected events and alter user status accordingly.
- Feature: Status watches now show the next upcoming (scheduled) status, if any, of watched users.
Feature: It is now possible to control the order in which statuses are shown to end users during status
Feature: When system admins log into the web interface, they are now notified if the OfficeStatus Maintenance
system service is not running (or not installed).
- Feature: Added support for explicit user account deletion (previously, user accounts could only be disabled).
- Feature: Added status summary report, which shows distribution of users across various statuses, company-wide.
Feature: Added time card report, which shows the numbers of hours "in" per day for one or more
- Feature: Windows Client now offers integration with the Windows 7 taskbar.
- Feature: Windows Client now provides explicit control over main window close/minimize event handling.
- Feature: Web interface now provides a pop-up window for viewing OfficeStatus messages.
- Feature: Web interface now formally supports FireFox 6, Chrome 13, and Internet Explorer 9.
Feature: Settings for clearing due back and status comment data during status event changes have been extended
to also cover "quick" status changes. The related client settings are now exposed separately from status events
to better clarify their scope.
Feature: Numerous improvements to the web-based message reader, including new layout, inclusion of a recipients
column for draft/sent views, and more.
- Feature: Administrative user account grid has improved sorting, paging, layout, and theming features.
Feature: Improved filtering of administrative user account listing (added Clear Filter button and ability
to filter by department).
Feature: Administrative user membership controls have improved theming, performance, and also expose user
counts (via new footer area).
Feature: Improved error handling throughout web interface. Async web interface errors are now presented
Feature: The administrative status management tools now leverage AJAX for improved performance and usability.
Theming is also improved.
Feature: Status color assignment drop-down boxes (in admin section of web interface) now show example color
Feature: Improved performance in key areas of the web interface through page weight reduction, improved
AJAX utilization, and more.
Feature: The overall flow of the web interface user home page has been improved. Panels with more static
heights are left-aligned, while those with more variable height are right-aligned.
Feature: Built-in statuses can now be re-named, and their images can be changed (via admin area of web-based
Feature: When status comments are visible in the web-based user status grid, they are now displayed in
shortened form (hover mouse over field to show full status comment).
Feature: User editor (in admin section of web interface) has been revised with AJAX support, and various
Feature: Increased robustness of the OfficeStatus maintenance system service; it will now tolerate a broad
range of transient problems without halting.
Feature: The web interface will now scale when the browser window is resized (e.g. no longer has a fixed
- Feature: Considerable performance improvements for report layout and rendering.
Feature: The web-based user status board command interface has received numerous improvements, including
consolidation of commands into a single pop-up menu.
Feature: In the web interface, message composition now has improved recipient selection mechanism (larger,
supports multiple selection, etc.).
Feature: The "status types by department" graph now syncs its colors with currently established
status type colors.
Feature: OfficeStatus Windows Client now periodically updates status watch panel to better reflect external
changes (e.g. via web interface).
Feature: OfficeStatus Windows Client status watch panel now shows users' full names (rather than just
Feature: "Notes" are now referred to as "messages" throughout the OfficeStatus system,
in order to better clarify their functional intent.
Feature: User status schedules are now always visible to other users (in read-only form). They can still
only be edited, however, by the appropriate parties (the user, system admins, and receptionists).
Feature: OfficeStatus now records client IP address and source (Windows client, web, mobile web, or the
maintenance service) when user status changes are committed. For privacy reasons, these fields are not visible in user status
history reports - however, they are visible in the (admin-only) status history editor.
Feature: Windows client login dialog window has new design, and provides additional sign in options and
Feature: Signing out of Windows client no longer clears the user's remembered password (if present).
Rather, the login dialog now offers an explicit "forget me" function for users wishing to remove sign-in information
on the current computer.
Feature: Windows Client now allows users to test audio notification files specified within the preferences
window. There is also now a warning that only uncompressed, PCM wave file formats are supported.
Feature: The active directory user import tool will now extract the email address, job title, location,
and department of imported users. In the case of departments and locations, entities with matching names must already exist
within OfficeStatus prior to user import.
- Feature: Web based message reader now uses a combination of scrolling and paging for superior usability.
Feature: Web interface now shows reports in a pop-up container window, rather than an entirely new browser
window / tab.
Feature: Windows client now supports both printing and preview previewing (previously, users had to go
through the preview process).
- Feature: Windows client now supports printing in mini view mode.
- Feature: The OfficeStatus web status board now shows more information when user status nodes are expanded.
Feature: OfficeStatus Server installer now offers the direct ability to create a new IIS website for use
Feature: OfficeStatus Server installer now allows for installation of SQL Server Express 2005 (SP4) in
environments where a database server is not already available.
- Feature: Added job title to user view page of mobile web interface.
Feature: Added a new "Phones & Addresses" page to mobile web interface, accessible from existing
user view page.
Feature: Added message search to web and Windows client interfaces. Message searching matches against message
subject, sender name, and sent date / time fields.
Feature: Added the ability to list only un-read messages in the mobile web interface. Also improved rendering
time considerably (via 10x page weight reduction).
Feature: The Send Product Feedback feature no longer requires email configuration in order to function
(it now communicates via web services).
Feature: The administrative user editor has a new "Reporting Users" tab that allows for easier
assignment of employees reporting to the user.
- Feature: OfficeStatus Windows Client login is now faster and more resource efficient.
Feature: OfficeStatus Windows Client will now notify end users during login if OfficeStatus is running
in evaluation mode.
Feature: User status board displays (web and Windows Client) will show "due back" text in dark
red if date/time has already elapsed.
Bug fix: Web based user status change dialog showed current status of "unknown" when editing
scheduled status change.
Bug fix: Resolved problem with admin attempting to change their own username in user account editor (error
would occur in role membership validation during save process).
Bug fix: Reading a draft message no longer causes it to appear "read" to its receipients. Draft
messages also now always appear "read" to their sender.
- Bug fix: The administrative status editor would allow a new status to be saved without an image being assigned.
Bug fix: In Windows Client, double-clicking header of status watches panel list view would incorrectly
result in "my status watches" window being shown.
Bug fix: Resolved race condition in Windows Client that could cause logout/shutdown status event processing
to fail under certain conditions.
Bug fix: Windows Client would fail to reveal the existing instance window if the user attempted to re-launch
- Bug fix: Windows Client preferences window did not properly display sound file locations.
- Bug fix: OfficeStatus users are no longer allowed to report to one another, thereby creating a cyclic dependency.
Bug fix: Resolved Windows Client shutdown getting signaled twice, possibly resulting in duplicate user
status history entries.
Bug fix: Resolved incorrect version comparison algorithm for quad-part versioning scheme (affected web
interface update checker).
Bug fix: Active directory user import tool will now truncate string data when necessary when updating the
OfficeStatus database, rather than skipping the affected user.
Bug fix: Windows client user status grid export (to Excel / PDF) now correctly formats due back date/time
Bug fix: During OfficeStatus Server uninstall, the Windows user account is now explicitly removed from
Bug fix: Resolved rare cosmetic licensing bug that would cause trial days left to appear in aggregate form
if multiple trial licenses were present.
Version 2.5.275.0: Released July 20, 2011
Bug fix: Fixed potential "null object reference" during product installation when IIS 7 website
protocol binding properties were absent.
Version 2.5.274.0: Released July 11, 2011
- Bug fix: Resolved installation problem on IIS6 when installing OfficeStatus Server into the root of a website.
Version 2.5.273.0: Released July 8, 2011
- Bug fix: Resolved problem with OfficeStatus Server installation in .NET 4 runtime environments.
Version 2.5.272.0: Released June 20, 2011
Bug fix: Fixed bug related to use of work schedule menu in Windows Client (using it would incorrectly trigger
a date change).
Version 2.5.271.0: Released June 20, 2011
Feature: OfficeStatus Server installation now supports IIS 7 directly (e.g. no need to enable IIS 6 compatibility
Feature: Improved the Windows Client installer offers "only for me" and "for everybody"
- Feature: Improved support for newer Google Chrome and Internet Explorer releases.
Feature: Clicking the enter key after editing a user search field in the web-based user status grid toolbar
now triggers the search process.
Bug fix: Windows client was not correctly populating the location field on the general tab of the user
contact information window.
Bug fix: Windows client was not honoring the currently entered due-back date when computing times via the
"work interval" assist menu during user status changes.
- Bug fix: Fixed issue with certain mobile web interface links not working on specific BlackBerry devices.
Bug fix: Using the "view / edit contact details" button from the user status page of the web
interface (and then saving contact information changes) would result in an incorrect swap of the current logged in user
- Bug fix: Disabling automatic update checks within general options was not working as expected.
Bug fix: Resolved several minor issues with (and made additional improvements to) OfficeStatus Server installation
Bug fix: Use of the user selection link during web interface login could trigger premature page validation
in some specific instances.
Version 2.5.264.0: Released January 6th, 2011
Bug fix: Resolved a problem with OfficeStatus Windows Client potentially interfering with Windows logoff
/ shutdown operations
Bug fix: OfficeStatus Windows Client logout now clears "remember password" setting as additional
security safeguard in multi-user environments.
Version 2.5.261.0: Released December 29, 2010
Feature: The OfficeStatus web interface now supports mobile devices. When the web interface is accessed
via a supported mobile device, the user will automatically be redirected to a new mobile web interface that provides access
to a subset of features of primary interest to mobile users (e.g. status view / change, note view / composition, status
watches, contact info view, etc.). See help file for a list of supported mobile devices.
Feature: Improved user search / filtering in both Windows and web client applications. User status listings
can now be filtered by user's name, primary extension, job title, or status comments. In the Windows client, click the
Search toolbar button to access these features. In the web interface, use the controls available in the user status grid
Feature: Windows Client now offers a "Mini View" mode switch that helps to maximize the number
of user status entries visible on screen. The mini view can be customized (e.g. font size, etc.) independently of the normal
view. This feature replaces the existing "card view" switch available in previous releases.
Feature: Windows Client now supports running in full screen mode (use F11 key to toggle). When in full
screen mode, the menu bar, toolbar, and all docking panels are hidden, leaving only the tabbed user status grid on the screen.
The main window is also resized to consume the entire active monitor and is set as the topmost window.
Feature: User status grid font size within Windows Client now has additional "Extra large" and
"Custom" settings. The latter allows the user to specify a font size (in points) of their own choosing.
Feature: In Windows Client, auto-login behavior can now be configured separately from the "remember
Feature: In Windows Client, automatic login failures that occur during system startup as the result of
connectivity problems are now handled in a less obtrusive manner. Rather than showing a modal error window, a system tray
icon is used to report the problem. The user then has the option to double-click the tray icon to proceed (either retry
login or cancel it altogether). This enhancement is designed to improve usability in offline (e.g. disconnected laptop)
Feature: Added the ability to disable OfficeStatus notes system on a global basis (from admin menu). When
notes are disabled, no user will have the ability to send or receive notes. All user interfaces (desktop, web, and mobile
web clients) will disable or enable note related features as needed.
Feature: Windows Client installer has been enhanced to automatically download and install the .NET Framework
2.0 SP2 when no qualifying .NET Framework installation is already present. Both 32 and 64 bit environments are fully supported.
- Feature: OfficeStatus web interface now has option to remember password during login.
Feature: Added status last modified indicator to current status panel of user home page in OfficeStatus
- Feature: Added ability to export user status grid in PDF format from OfficeStatus Windows Client.
- Feature: Windows Client now shows current user status icon in main window status bar.
- Feature: Numerous cosmetic enhancements to Windows Client.
Bug fix: Resolved problem with user status grid customizations not being retained under Client Profile
edition of Microsoft .NET Framework.
Bug fix: Resolved cosmetic issue in OfficeStatus Windows Client note reader interface that could cause
web service method invocation error to appear.
Bug fix: Web interface friendly date/time span selection drop-down was not properly padding the end date
to include the full day.
- Bug fix: Web interface status board would show hidden user accounts in certain cases.
Bug fix: Windows Client no longer processes workstation wake (or screen saver off) status change events
if the workstation is locked.
Version 18.104.22.168: Released November 11, 2010
Feature: OfficeStatus Windows Client now ignores certain types of SSL certificate errors, allowing it to
continue operating in such cases.
Feature: OfficeStatus is now fully supported when only the .NET Framework v4 is installed (it is no longer
necessary to have .NET v2 or v3.5 installed in a side-by-side configuration). OfficeStatus Windows Client now also fully
supports .NET v4 Client Profile.
Feature: Improved performance and security semantics when running under .NET Framework v4. Later .NET Framework
runtimes are now preferred when multiple runtime versions are installed.
Bug fix: Site configuration elements updated within the web-based interface are no longer subject to cache
Version 22.214.171.124: Released November 1, 2010
Feature: Improved sorting in all reports. Users can now choose the sort column for the user status history,
user status schedule, and employee reports . Departmental and location reports are now sorted by name.
- Feature: Web based user status grid page size can now be adjusted.
Feature: Several columns have been added to the web-based user status grid, including separate first and
last name, username, date / time the status was last modified, email address, and location columns. These added columns
are hidden by default. Use the new column customization feature (see below) to enable them.
Feature: It is now possible to customize the columns that appear in the web-based user status grid. Right-click
the grid header and use the "columns" submenu to toggle columns on and off.
Feature: Web based user status grid now persists sorting, page size, and column visibility automatically
(on a per-user basis).
- Feature: Numerous theme improvements in web-based interface.
Feature: Added a company hyperlink field to the company information system configuration window. If both
the company name and hyperlink fields are populated, the web-based client will display a linked form of the company name
within the navigation area.
Feature: OfficeStatus Windows Client installer now provides option of installing for "all users",
which in turn drives placement of startup menu shortcuts, etc.
Improvement: Post-authentication data cache loading within OfficeStatus Windows Client now uses concurrent
web service connections for increased performance.
Bug fix: Resolved an "Object reference not set to an instance of an object" error that could occur when
a user account with a status watch assigned to it was disabled. The error would then occur when the observing user logged
into the web client interface.
Bug fix: Resolved a problem with export of web-based user status grid contents to CSV not including full
Bug fix: The last update time shown on the we-based user status grid page was not updating correctly in
Bug fix: Pressing the enter key on the web-based user login screen now works as expected (e.g. initiates
the login process) in Internet Explorer.
Bug fix: The status that displays within the "quick function" header area of the web-based interface
did not always update in some circumstances.
Bug fix: Resolved a problem in OfficeStatus Windows Client that could cause "01/01/01 12::00 am"
to display in the "due back" column when no due back date had yet been specified.
Bug fix: Status change user interface was preventing users from specifying a "due back" date
of today without a time (an error would occur stating that the due back date could not occur in the past).
Bug fix: Resolved an issue with improper local time zone conversion within OfficeStatus Windows Client.
This problem would occur during user status update operations if the client and server were in different time zones.
Bug fix: Minor cosmetic web interface adjustments to deal with legacy browser (mainly Internet Explorer
Version 126.96.36.199: Released May 5th, 2009
New feature: Added a "User Status by Department" graph panel to the user home page of the web-based interface.
This feature was previously available only from within OfficeStatus Windows Client.
Improvement: The user status board of the web-based interface now uses status type foreground and background colors
when showing current user status. This provides an additional visual indicator of current user status type and improves
consistency with OfficeStatus Windows Client.
- Improvement: The employee report now shows user image thumbnails, when available.
- Improvement: Signficant enhancements to formatting for all reports. Formatting is now more consistent and more compact.
- Improvement: Reports can now be exported in CSV format (in addition to other supported formats).
- Improvement: Minor tweaks to theme support in OfficeStatus Windows Client.
Bug fix: Resolved an issue with the OfficeStatus Windows Client MSI installation package (for GPO deployment) not
making proper use of ClientInstall.ini when available.
Bug fix: Resolved an installer issue in which failure to register an ASP.NET user account would result in an exception
Version 188.8.131.52: Released April 14th, 2009
Improvement: The administrative location editor page has been enhanced with a new tab that allows for easier user
assignment to (or removal from) the location being edited.
Improvement: OfficeStatus Windows Client now does a better job of supporting workstation sleep events, particularly
when the system is configured not to require a password upon awakening. Sleep events are now always handled the same way
that workstation lock events are handled (e.g. through the same configuration setting).
Improvement: Status Types by Department main window docking graph no longer shows departments that currently have
- Improvement: Minor cosmetic enhancements to OfficeStatus web interface.
Bug fix: Resolved a cosmetic issue with how the administrative product license management page reported current license
usage. It failed to consider that OfficeStatus v2.0 no longer counts the built-in admin account against the current user
- Bug fix: Resolved a bug that allowed location names to be duplicated. Uniqueness is now correctly enforced.
- Bug fix: Resolved a defect in the OfficeStatus Server installer that could result in incorrect ASP.NET version assignment.
Bug fix: The options within the Application Start section of OfficeStatus Windows Client user preferences were not
functioning as expected.
Version 184.108.40.206: Released April 7th, 2009
New feature: Added a rich web-based client interface, which can be used instead of (or in addition to) the existing
desktop client (OfficeStatus Windows Client).
New feature: OfficeStatus is now aware of each user's work schedule (as well as the site's work schedule).
This knowledge is leveraged to provide advanced date / time selection assistance to end users during status change operations.
New feature: The majority of end user client settings can now be managed by OfficeStatus system administrators through
the administrative section fo the web interface. Administrators can now define default values for nearly all client settings,
and also selectively prevent them from being overridden.
- New feature: End users can now modify their own contact details from within the new web-based interface.
New feature: Added support for status scheduling. End users can now create scheduled status changes which will be
processed by the system automatically.
New feature: New "User Status Schedule" and "Location" reports have been added to OfficeStatus,
and existing reports have been improved considerably. All reports now make use of a new reporting engine that is shared
between the desktop and web client interfaces (and are available from both).
New feature: OfficeStatus Windows Client now has a docking chart panel that shows the distribution of user status
across available departments. The chart contents constantly adapt to changes in employee statuses across the organization.
This feature can be very valuable to receptionists and other users that might benefit from a dynamic, higher-level perspective
of staff availability.
New feature: The OfficeStatus web interface now automatically detects client (web browser) time zone and culture
settings and adapts display data accordingly.
Improvement: An option has been added (to both the desktop and web-based client interfaces) to eliminate highlighting
of the logged-in user within the user status grid. The form of the highlight has also changed: it now bolds the row font,
rather than changing the row background color.
Improvement: The desktop and web-based client interfaces now provide new options that allow end users to control
their default department and location selection after logging in.
Improvement: The existing OfficeStatus web-based administrative interface is now contained within an entirely new
web-based interface that supports both end users and admins. When admins log into the "shared" web-based interface,
they will see an "Administration" menu option that is invisible to normal users.
Improvement: OfficeStatus product licensing has been enhanced to provide combinatorial licensing capabilities. Multiple
licenses of different sizes (user counts) can now be combined as needed.
Improvement: The status change window (in both the desktop and web interfaces) now provides much more robust tools
to help the user change their status and set return date/time information.
Improvement: User account security has been enhanced significantly via the addition of random entropy data to password
hashes. This greatly reduces the effectiveness of pre-computed dictionary attacks.
Improvement: Reduced the viability of various brute-force password and denial of service attacks through the common
authentication layer of the application.
Improvement: The desktop client application (OfficeStatus Windows Client) has received numerous user interface enhancements.
Performance and memory utilization have also been improved significantly.
- Improvement: Significant improvements in server system performance, as well as reductions in server resource consumption.
- Improvement: Numerous improvements to logging operations that occur at the OfficeStatus Server component level.
- Improvement: Users listed within the login user select window are now grouped by location.
- Improvement: Numerous improvements and updates to all product help documentation.
- Improvement: OfficeStatus Server now installs in "Integrated Pipeline" mode under IIS 7.
Version 220.127.116.11: Released October 23, 2008
Improvement: Added native 64-bit operating system support to OfficeStatus Server and OfficeStatus Client. OfficeStatus
Server is now supported on both 32 and 64 bit editions of Windows Server 2003 and later. OfficeStatus Client is now supported
on 32 and 64 bit editions of Windows XP and later.
- Improvement: OfficeStatus Server installer now allows for selection of existing OfficeStatus database.
Improvement: During OfficeStatus Server un-install, option to drop OfficeStatus database is no longer enabled by
Improvement: OfficeStatus Server installer now attempts to automatically discover local installation of SQL Server
Express (2005 and 2008).
Improvement: OfficeStatus Client and Server installers now detect 64-bit operating system environments, and prompt
the user to install the 64-bit edition of the .NET Framework (v2.0 or higher) if it is not already present.
Improvement: Implemented additional measures to help avoid browser caching when using the web-based administrative
Bug fix: Resolved a problem with OfficeStatus Server installing into an IIS website root on Windows Server 2008 (IIS
Bug fix: Fixed an obscure "invalid viewstate" error that could occur within the web-based administrative
console under certain conditions.
- Bug fix: Various minor bug fixes (mostly cosmetic).
Version 18.104.22.168: Released September 30, 2008
Improvement: New switches were added to the Status Events tab of the Preferences window, allowing the user to control
how "comments" and "due back" status fields are affected when status events are triggered. By default,
these fields will now be cleared only when status events set the current user status to "In".
Improvement: Numerous user interface updates and improvements, including new (MS Office 2007 style) default theme,
toolbar improvements, etc.
Improvement: Configuration files are now all stored in per-user roaming file system locations. OfficeStatus Client
will attempt to migrate legacy user.config files from previous version installations upon its initial run.
Improvement: If the user configuration file (user.config) upon which OfficeStatus Client relies becomes corrupt (due
to abnormal workstation shutdown, for example), the problem will now be detected automatically and the offending user.config
file will be renamed. This will allow OfficeStatus Client to start normally when it is next launched, albeit without user
Improvement - The single-instance control mechanism now better supports terminal services environments by using a
named mutex that spans all terminal service sessions.
Improvement - The notification popup window (used to alert the user about status changes, unread note availability,
etc.) has received various cosmetic updates.
Improvement: Departmental tab navigation mechanism is now improved for environments where a large number of departments
Improvement: During OfficeStatus Client shutdown, status event triggers will no longer be processed if the target
status is of the same type as the current user status.
- Improvement: Various product installation improvements.
- Bug fix: Resolved a potential thread deadlock condition relating to user status watch updates.
Bug fix: Resolved a fairly rare scenario where the main application window could be launched twice if the user interacted
with the login window during client cache initialization under specific load conditions.
Bug fix: The default status type for "On Vacation" was incorrectly set to "In". This has been corrected,
and the default status type is now "Out".
Bug fix: The maintenance system service was incorrectly generating "service working execution" errors when
attempting to perform user note pruning.
Improvement: Improved web service performance when retrieving user status listings through use of response caching
mechanisms. Improves scalability in environments with larger user counts.
Improvement: Added support for Windows Server 2008 as an operating system platform and SQL Server 2008 is as a database
- Improvement: Numerous product installation improvements.
- Improvement: Various improvements to the user interface of the web-based administrative interface.
Version 22.214.171.124: Released May 5th, 2007
New feature: Added support for multiple office locations. Locations can now be defined within the system,
and users assigned to them. A location drop-down box has been added to the OfficeStatus Client toolbar, allowing users to
(optionally) filter their user status dashboard contents by location. Location names can optionally be displayed on the
status dashboard (through use of the column chooser).
New feature: Introduced a new Departmental Report, accessible within the reports menu of OfficeStatus Client.
This report shows the name and description of each department defined within the system, as well as all of its members.
The report is filterable by location.
Improvement: The OfficeStatus user list (within the web-based administrative interface) has improved filtering,
with new support for location selection.
Improvement: Changed the location in which OfficeStatus Client stores certain end user data files, in order
to improve compatibility with Microsoft Windows Vista.
Improvement: Added "Start of Day" and "End of Day" fields to OfficeStatus user profiles. These are set
within the web-based administrative interface (user editor) and displayed in the user contact window within OfficeStatus
Bug fix: Duration field within the User Status History report was not showing hours correctly when the
status event duration spanned multiple days.
Bug fix: Modified the activity event controller so that it won't process an idle return event if the current
status wasn't previously triggered by an idle event.
Change: Column moving within the OfficeStatus Client user status grid is now disabled by default.
Users must now explicitly enable this capability through a setting available via the Customize | User Status Grid menu.
This extra step helps prevent accidental changes to column ordering within OfficeStatus Client.
Bug fix: The OfficeStatus Client note reader screen was not wrapping lines correctly during printing operations.
This has been resolved.
Bug fix: Resolved a problem with OfficeStatus Client not always firing user status change event notifications
Improvement: Improved user image maintenance within the web-based administrative interface. User image
thumbnails are now shown in the primary user editor screen.
Bug fix: Validation of product license limitations wasn't always handling user editing operations properly
within the web-based administrative interface, and this has been corrected.
Version 126.96.36.199: Released Nov. 20th, 2006
New feature: Added a new Note Broadcast capability to the web-based administrative interface. Available
under the Tools section of the navigation tree, the Note Broadcast feature allows system administrators to send a note to
multiple OfficeStatus users at once.
New feature: Added the ability to specify company information within the web-based administrative interface.
It is now possible to specify a company name, company contact information, and company policy information. When provided,
the company name will be displayed in the title bar of OfficeStatus Client installations. The other fields will be available
within a new Company tab of the existing User Contact Information window (which appears whenever a user contact field is
double-clicked within the status dashboard).
New feature: The OfficeStatus web-based administrative interface has a new option on the user editor screen
called "Hide user's status from other users". When engaged, the specified user's status will not be visible to others within
OfficeStatus Client. Note that a "hidden" user can still see their own status within OfficeStatus Client (their
status just won't be visible to others).
Improvement: Made several overall navigation improvements to the web-based administrative interface, including
the addition of a "breadcrumb" navigation control, improved hierarchical navigation of features, and more.
Improvement: Added sorting capabilities to the AD User Import user interface pages. The user import selection
grid and the import results grid are now both bi-directionally sortable by all columns. The Export Results to Excel feature
will also reflect the current sort order.
Improvement: Made these release notes available within the web-based admin interface (via the Help | About
Improvement: Added the ability to manually check for available software updates via the web-based
administrative interface (available on the Help | About screen).
Improvement: A new option was added to the General configuration screen of the web-based administrative
interface which controls the ability of OfficeStatus Client installations to view a list of OfficeStatus usernames during
the login process.
Improvement - Added per-page context-sensitive help links to the web-based administrative interface.
Improvement: Filtering of the user listing within the web-based administrative interface has been improved.
Filter matching now uses "contains" instead of "equals" when applying the filter, and a new column ("job title") is now
available for filtering.
Improvement: The web admin user listing now indicates how many enabled users are defined within the system,
and how many are allowed with the currently installed product license.
Improvement: Added a new "Depts" tab to the user editor within the web-based administrative interface.
Previously, it was necessary to navigate away from editing a user in order to alter their department membership. Now this
can be done directly within the user editor.
Bug fix - The Help hyperlink on the login page of the web-based administrative interface was broken. Clicking
this link now brings up the correct help topic.
New feature: Added spell checking capabilities to the OfficeStatus Client application. The primary use
for spell checking is within the note composition window. You can also check the spelling of status comments that are entered
during status change operations.
New feature: Added the ability to recover deleted notes to the "My Notes" window, via the new "Deleted
Items" view. This allows users to recover deleted notes themselves by right-clicking on one and selecting "Recover" from
the resulting pop-up menu. Deleted notes must be recovered prior to them being pruned by the database pruning system (time
frame configurable by system admin).
New feature: Added the ability to create draft notes, which are saved without being immediately delivered.
Users can then click on the "Drafts" view button and double-click a draft note to begin editing (and optionally send) it
Improvement - Re-tooled the status change menus and toolbar buttons to be more intuitive and more powerful.
Now, right-click status change operations have access to all statuses defined within the system, including custom
ones. These are contained within a new "Quick Status Change" submenu, while access to the User Status window has been simplified.
Improvement - Made several new columns available within the primary OfficeStatus user status grid: "first
name", "last name", "email address" and "username". To make any of these fields visible, right click on the user status
grid column header and choose "column chooser". Select the desired fields from the list that appears.
Improvement: Added several new available columns to the User Status History report. The new "Duration"
and "End" columns can provide an indication of how long the user was in a particular status, and a new "Changed By" column
indicates who actually initiated the user status change.
Improvement: Added column choosing capabilities to all reports available within OfficeStatus Client. Note
that column customizations will be reflected during report printing and exporting operations.
Improvement: Added the ability to specify "time unknown" during user status changes. This allows users
to specify, for example, that they'll return from travel tomorrow, but at an unknown time.
Bug fix- OfficeStatus Client was not properly detecting workstation lock / unlock environmental events
on the MS Windows 2000 operating system. Win2k apparently does not broadcast notification of such events, so an alternative
technique is used in such cases.
Bug fix: Customizations to the User Status History reporting grid weren't being persisted, and this has
Version 188.8.131.52: Released August 29th, 2006
- Initial OfficeStatus product release
SAFE. TRUSTED. GUARANTEED.
- 100% malware free
- 100% spyware free
- 100% adware free
- 100% quality software