OfficeStatus v6.5 Now Available
Today, Key Metric Software released OfficeStatus v6.5. This is a free upgrade for any existing OfficeStatus v6 product licensee.
The goal with this release is to improve platform and component compatibility. Toward that end, there are a number of important changes in OfficeStatus v6.5.
- OfficeStatus now supports TLS 1.1 and 1.2.
- OfficeStatus Server now requires Windows Server 2012 or later. OfficeStatus Windows Client requires Windows Vista SP2 or later.
- OfficeStatus Server installer now bundles SQL Server Express 2017.
- Web interface compatibility has been updated to support modern browser releases.
- .NET Framework requirement is now 4.5.2 or later.
These changes are necessary in order to upgrade (modernize) TLS support and bundle a newer version of SQL Server Express.
Note that we still provide access to the previous OfficeStatus v6.2 release, which was the last build of OfficeStatus to support Windows Server 2008 (server components) and Windows XP (client components).
For information on upgrade best practices, please see the OfficeStatus Upgrade FAQ.