Key Metric Software is proud to announce the release of OfficeStatus v6.2.
For this release, our team focused on a few key features that were the subject of frequent customer feedback.
First, the OfficeStatus public table view is now highly configurable – you can now choose from a (much larger) selection of user status columns simply by passing URL parameters through the web browser. For details, click the new “Customization Help” entry in the public view Options menu (after upgrading OfficeStatus Server, of course).
We’ve also updated the user and resource calendar views so that they’re able to target a specific user or resource, respectively. Calendar filters are also now sorted, and we’ve re-arranged the page toolbars to make them consume less space.
OfficeStatus administrators can also now configure user statuses so that they are locked by default. This often works well with statuses such as “On Vacation” where you want to ensure that the user’s status isn’t affected by the presence sensing capabilities of OfficeStatus Windows Client, calendar synchronization, etc.
OfficeStatus v6.2 also now officially supports Windows Server 2019, fixes a number of bugs, and includes updated browser support.
For a full list of v6.2 release notes, please see the following page of our product website:
Or head straight for the download:
Today, Key Metric Software proudly announces the general release of OfficeStatus 6.0.
This new release adds many new product capabilities and feature enhancements, while also striving to keep the product familiar for end users. Our customers indicated a desire for us to minimize user interface changes while moving the product forward in key areas. We believe we’ve achieve those goals with this new version.
Here’s a quick overview of what’s new in OfficeStatus 6:
- Scheduled status recurrence
- Greatly enhanced status board displays
- Redesigned public (large-screen) view
- Numerous reporting improvements
- Overhauled, modernized web interface
- Many improvement to OfficeStatus Windows Client
- Server side user inactivity monitoring
- Many enhancements to resource tracking
- Many administrative improvements
- Much more
For details, please see the following page of our brand new OfficeStatus website:
Since this is major version release, you’ll need to upgrade your existing OfficeStatus licenses before installing the new version. For information on major version upgrades, please see:
And, as always, please feel to reach out to us (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you have any questions.
OfficeStatus 5 is now available, and it contains a wealth of improvements and new features, including:
- User and resource status calendar views
- Automatic client updates
- Calculated due back times for statuses
- User account password reset support
- Support for status updates via email
- Server-side telephony call monitoring
- An administrative resource status history editor
- Arrival times report
- and MUCH MORE
To learn more about what’s new in OfficeStatus 5, please visit:
Or download the new release now:
Key Metric Software is proud to announce the v4.5 release of OfficeStatus, our award winning in/out status board software. This release is the best version of OfficeStatus yet, thanks in large part to excellent feedback from our valued customers. Our sincerest thanks to all of you!
What’s New in v4.5?
There are many new features and improvements in this release. Here are a few of the highlights.
- Support for Windows Server 2012 R2, Windows 8.1, and Internet Explorer 11.
- New status lock feature that prevents status changes not initiated by users
- Private locations that are invisible to non-members
- The ability to “lock” users into their departments
- A new location manager security role
- New admin level “enable or disable features” capabilities
- Numerous user interface improvements
- Much more!
To learn more about what’s new in v4,5, please see the release notes:
How to Upgrade
The v4.5 release is a free upgrade for existing OfficeStatus v4 licensees, and is available for immediate download:
We recommend upgrading OfficeStatus Server first (just run the installer, the upgrade is automatic) and then upgrade Windows Clients installations as time permits. Older versions of OfficeStatus Windows Client will continue to work with the new OfficeStatus Server release.
For more information regarding the upgrade, please see the Upgrade FAQ.